Head of Estates
Our client who are on of the largest outsourcing firms within the Facilities Maintenance and Construction sector are currently looking to recruit for a Head of Estates in the West Midlands area and on a PFI Contract
- Our client have an excellent opportunity within the building services, preferably with a background in an Mechanical engineering discipline, who is looking for a career within estates management.
- Managing directly employed labour and contracted services working on a wide range of engineering systems, you will be responsible for maintaining effective and efficient service delivery in line with statutory legislation, guidance and healthcare technical standards.
- As Head of Estates, you will be responsible for managing and complying with all statutory instruments and guidance ensuring best practice related to the effective operation of the estate and providing both supervision and support to the team who will carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive repairs on a wide range of hospital engineering services.
- In this senior role, you will support the Director of Estates throughout the whole range of Estate functions with specific responsibility for engineering statutory compliance, capital maintenance management software, PPMs, testing of plant & equipment (e.g. autoclaves), buildings and engineering services and contracts management.
- Further responsibilities will include working in conjunction with the Estates Teams Managers (Operations) to ensure a robust reactive maintenance service is provided by the maintenance team and specialist service contractors.
- Duties will also include project management, the line management of estates officers, relevant authorised person duties for in respect to AP and CP appointments.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working within a PFI Hospital/Healthcare Environment
- Membership of an affiliated recognised Health Organisation, MIHEEM
- Engineering Qualifications within the Facilities/Building Arena
- At Least 1 Trade Qualification, Mechanical/Electrical City and Guilds
- CAFM and Asset Management experience
- You will need to combine excellent technical credentials with good communication skills.
- Well organised, financially aware and computer literate
- Previous experience in M&E building services maintenance or facilities management
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999