Commercial Gas Engineer
Purpose of the role
The key function of the role is to support in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across various commercial retail buildings, to ensure the buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for customers, and employees.
- Deliver Scheduled, Reactive and Remedial maintenance services as directed by the PPM Planner (CAFM), helpdesk or Technical Services Supervisor, ensuring that operational standards are always maintained.
- Duties may include (but not limited to) testing and inspection of gas systems including heating, hot water, commercial and domestic services within public buildings in line with safety/technical guidelines.
- You may be required to undertake tasks in disciplines other than your own.
- Ability to assess problems to determine the best course of action, this would include complex technical issues and be able to communicate technical and or complex information to various stakeholders.
- Able to provide solutions to problems and undertake new installations from design to completion.
- Provide practical training to staff and contractors. e.g., site inductions and emergency procedures.
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works, ensuring compliance with all safety standards and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
- Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in always providing excellent customer service.
- Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
- To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
- BTEC City & Guilds plus relevant experience and training.
- Registered Gas Safe Engineer with ACS qualifications in Domestic and Commercial Gas Installations.
- FGas Certified
- NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent.
- Formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IPAF / PASMA license.
- Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Competitive salary
- 30 - 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Van, fuel card, mobile phone
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested in this role, please apply with you CV, or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999