Projects And Sub Contracts Manager
Projects and Sub Contracts Manager
£45k + Company Benefits
The Projects and Sub Contracts Manager will be responsible for monitoring and controlling all change during the planned, reactive or project works lifecycle, including suspension of work pending client approval of any change in scope, spec or price.
- To be appointed as Task Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor under Client's safety appointments regime - training will be provided
- Facilitating the appointment of Contractors
- Agreeing basic scopes of work
- Issue Requests for Survey and Quotation to the shortlisted sub-contractors
- Agreeing programmes of work with the sub-contractor(s)
- Providing sub contractor's RAMS to client representatives prior to works commencement.
- Evaluation on behalf of the client's Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) covering supply chain delivered works
- Ensuring all sub contract works are properly permissioned by client Task Supervisor as required by client works control process.
- Ensure all sub contract labour resources and any client supervisory resource, are fully briefed in and work in accordance with clients's works control regime at all times.
- Managing the delivery of the sub contract works to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
- Undertake spot checks on sub contractors and their works on site.
- Managing risks to the works or projects successful outcome
- Reporting to the finance function on works/ projects completion and supplier payments due/ withheld.
- Providing aftercare service to the customer
- Upon agreement, you may be required to be an AP on call out duties
- Any other reasonable request of client contract management
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or technical qualification equivalent
- Ideally from a construction or maintenance works background you will be experienced in providing services within a team of technical managers surveyors and possess a good team player ethos
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Use of a CAFM / CMMS system for planning / recording works
- Strong health and safety knowledge - SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum, NEBOSH desirable
- Awareness of potential environmental impacts arising from maintenance and projects works and understanding of importance of minimising harm.
- Previous experience in managing Sub Contract works
- Understanding of principles of commercial M&E, civils, building fabric maintenance and construction works.
- Ability to draft and review suitable and sufficient RAMS to allow works to be completed in a safe manner.
- Full driving license
For more information on this Project and Sub-Contracts Manager role please call Dom on 0208 092 6500 or email on email@example.com