Technical Estates Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, forward thinking Technical Estates Manager to manage hard FM estates services within an acute hospital environment to deliver contractual compliance with HVAC bias. This role will include management of an in house team through departmental managers as well as management of contractors.
Technical Estates Manager (HVAC/Mechanical background)
Salary up to £50k+ bonus + vehicle (£300+pm)
- To ensure technical policy governance is achieved.
- Maintain professional competence.
- Maintain and improve all of the Company Safety Rules.
- Maintain a register of AP's / CP’s and ensure sufficient RP/AP/CP cover.
- Review and improve use of supply chain for hard services and ensure appropriate competency assessments are in place at a Company and Individual level within the supply chain.
- Actively promote the cost reduction initiatives and focus on improved customer service.
- Promote across the business units through engagement and leadership increasing level of self-delivered hard services, where appropriate.
- Standardise and improve internal and external performance metrics as required by our contractual obligations with clients.
- Put in place key accountability and responsibilities for engineering safety at contract level and individual level for direct reports and reporting.
- Coaching and mentoring the current management team.
- Ensuring that all SLA’s are met consistently.
- Ensuring that service delivery is within the budgeted P&L.
- Ensure IFM compliance with legal obligations, engineering standards, contractual obligations and best practice across all contracts.
- Lead and promote the company aims and objectives of the engineering standards under the Operating Excellence Model, developing and publishing engineering and technical standards and guidance throughout the company.
- HVAC technical trouble shooting including business critical incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ensure all projects comply with all regulatory and advisory frameworks, HTM, HBN, CIBSE, SFG20 similar technical guidance, and good industry practice.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments and raise awareness of company profile, representing IFM at industry events and bid presentations.
- Ensure all PDR reviews are conducted within required time scales.
- Providing/organising operational cover support to the sites as necessary.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of working in the FM operation of engineering services in buildings / hospitals or similar built environments.
- Essential experience of PFI / PPP contracts.
- Essential experience of Healthcare contracts and HTM / HBM’s.
- Essential proven ventilation / HVAC experience
- Advanced understanding and experience of risk assessment / management and safe systems of work.
- Have operational experience as an active Authorised Person in a technical discipline.
- Detailed understanding of all technical contractual obligations and performance specifications.
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate engineering / HVAC discipline, Chartered or leading to Chartered status.
- Health and Safety Qualified to certificate level or equivalent IOSH
- Mechanically qualified
- DBS standard required pre-employment
- Will be servicing operating theatres
- Background- engineer with very good knowledge of HTML’S, approved person,
- Experience of ventilation, pressure systems
- Previous hospital experience
- This is covering the Royal Victoria Infirmary and the Freemans hospital- free shuttle between the 2 sites
- PFI contract – long term contract (20+yrs)
- Healthcare experience
- Lots of air handling units on site
- Needs someone who can work well under pressure
- Healthcare/big malls/prisons experience is a bonus
- Won’t get call out but will need to keep eye on phone, may need to work late
- Can do attitude
- Team environment
- Candidates will be asked about their experience with HTML’S during the interviews
- 2 stage process – interview and on-line assessments
- Will attend client meetings
If the role of Estates Manager is of Interest please click 'APPLY' or call HVAC Recruitment for more info - Ask for Kieran