Additional Works Supervisor
Additional Works Supervisor
You will be responsible for the delivery of additional works and proactively engage in job identification, creation, funding and delivery at three prestigious sites in Suffolk.
You will ensure that the Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and appropriate parts of Health & Safety and Environmental Procedures are efficiently communicated to the workforce, particularly to those engaged on activities that have been identified as likely to have significant environmental impact.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve any project application forms raised by the Administrators.
- Identify and Understand the Scope of Work - what is the requirement (NFPA, AFI's, Base Standards, British Standards, Technical Support - AP/AE).
- Appointment - clarify and understand our appointment under CDM 2015.
- Determine permits required and technical aspects, including light logbooks, AP involvement (liaise with Technical Manager). Ensure all the necessary permits are in place (temporary works, confined space, dig, isolations, hot works etc.) ensuring that both JSP 375 and company processes are adhered to.
- CDM 2015 - prepare the Construction Phase Plan in accordance with the SOW and relevant to the size of the works.
- Risks - Is a specific risk register required for the work being delivered.
- Asbestos - is asbestos present? If so, the necessary control measures need to be implemented.
- Sub-Contractor - ensure sub-contractors have completed inductions and all relevant training/qualification/competency documents are available and in date (JSP 375/WAH/First Aid etc).
- RAMS (are the RAMS appropriate for the works being undertaken and have they been reviewed? High risk RAMS to be reviewed by SHEQ/Technical)
- Understand the financial and commercial aspects and impacts of the work.
- Programme all works on a works schedule, including start and end dates, and make schedule available for weekly review.
- Programme the works in accordance with SHEQ - consider any potential disruptions and requested completion dates.
- Liaise with end user and client to ensure we meet their expectations and fulfil our contractual obligations.
- Health & Safety - ensure compliance with targets and objectives set by SHEQ (MSV's, toolbox talks, observations, near misses).
- Quality - EM02 Audits to be completed monthly with the Quality Assurance Manager, ensuring the works are in progress.
- Accurate Record Keeping.
- Meetings - Attend, as requested, Progress, Client and Ops Meetings
- Enforcing and working to the 9 lifesaving rules which is incorporated in No Life at Risk.
- Ensure scope of work has been fulfilled and completed to the highest standard and then complete AL09 Annex F Completion Certificate/Practical Completion Certificate/Handover.
- Handover completed works file to Admin Team.
- Liaise with QS and support with Site Visits, as required
Desired Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- CDM 2015
- Asbestos Awareness
- JSP 375 Skilled Persons Requirements
- Establish and maintain good customer/client relations to ensure effective delivery and quality of work.
- Excellent IT skills with Microsoft applications and any other in-house system required to carry out the role (SAP/AIMS/MAXIMO).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and fluidly.
- Strong interpersonal facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate good time management skills and working to deadlines.
- Adhere to all internal and external processes, procedures and regulations.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- 32 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company car
- Laptop & Mobile
- Training & development
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV or call Jak Walsh on 01223 827 339