Technical Supervisor (Shift Leader)
Technical Supervisor (Shift Leader)
Purpose of the job
To manage day to day operation of shift team carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive works to Building Services Systems. To provide relevant escalation from operational team on matters requiring senior managers / client attention.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- Ensure team members are up to date with all Biological Barrier protocols of the site at all times and comply with these.
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept pertaining to Health & Safety, Building Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- To carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Overview the buildings environmental conditions using the BMS System and utilise same to maintain acceptable internal conditions.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM's and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- To maintain & develop good client relationships.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment.
- Undertake other tasks as defined and requested by local management.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate, including the utilisation of the shift engineers to ensure the task is suitably completed.
- To undertake annual appraisals of your shift engineers.
- To ensure the shift team are suitably skilled and trained, and appropriate training plans are drafted and implemented.
- To ensure the shift engineers are undertaking work tasks as directed and with suitable H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- Ensure the Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Maximo, Concept, etc is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- Any other task as directed by the account management team.
Formally trained in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration Building Services maintenance, at
Recognised Health and Safety qualification, such as IOSH
Basic skills on Building Management Systems an advantage.
Experience of maintaining tight humidity & temperature control conditioned environments.
General all-round knowledge of Heating & Ventilation / Air Conditioning and building support systems and their methods of control.
Minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experience.
HV Experience / Qualified
Experience of working in a scientific environment, ideally with Animal House experience
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (depending on skills & experience)
30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
Ongoing training and support
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV or call Jak Walsh on 01223 827 339.