We are on the lookout for a Cleaning Supervisor to oversee a portfolio of government buildings (15-20 sites) across the South Tyneside & Durham area.
- Full time
- £24k+ per annum
- Working normal working hours, Mon-Fri
- Managing a team of 20+
- As a Cleaning Supervisor you will have responsibility for the efficient and effective day-to-day supervisory management of delegated teams of cleaners providing service to a portfolio of government buildings.
- Ensuring sites are kept tidy and safe from hazards and COSHH information available for staff to review.
- Carry out periodic visual checks of cleaning equipment for defects, removing damaged equipment from circulation and escalating to line manager for action.
- Deployment of cleaners as required and as circumstances dictate, ensuring that, as a minimum the agreed requirements of relevant Service Level Agreements with the Department’s customers are met. Supporting the review and development of Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure Cleaning staff are working to identified efficient cleaning methodologies, cleaning to need in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Manage all aspects of health and safety on site and health and safety documentation
- Provision of administration, clerical and budget management services maintaining spend within allocation, identifying cost saving opportunities and working within financial control. Administration and control of stores, stock control measures and improving housekeeping routines.
- Some hands of cleaning may be required on an adhoc basis
- Conduct recruitment, selection, induction and ensure core training for all cleaning staff are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide support in staff management processes including sickness and absence reviews and Return to Work interviews.
The ideal Cleaning Supervisor would have some or all of the below
- Strong experience using excel spreadsheets
- Good understanding of health & safety
- COSHH ‘or’ IOSH (advantageous)
- Commercial cleaning experience
- Management experience
- Own vehicle and drivers licence is essential
If the Cleaning Supervisor role is of interest please click to apply or get in touch with Kieran
Kieran @ hvacrecruitment . com
0113 512 2010