M&E Shift Supervisor - Electrically Biased
£45,000 - £47,000+
4 ON 4 OFF - Days & Nights
We have an exciting new Lead Shift Engineer role working on a large prestigious contract in Covent Garden managing an iconic entertainment venue.
As one of the leading FM companies they can offer a fantastic package with salary, benefits, pension scheme and much more.
About the role:
- This is a high end, old prestigious building, with client and public facing a lot of the time. The ability to communicate well and be approachable to the client and the team is very important.
- This site has a critical environment so experience within similar buildings will be preferred.
- Monthly client and Engineer audits
- Required to ensure all ppm schedules and reactive work is completed within the given timescale including members of your team
- Quotations and instructions must be completed and followed up
- Managing engineers including Performance reviews and holiday rota
- Multi skilled with Mechanical experience in Building services including BMS knowledge, AHU, FCU's and general plumbing
- Attend meetings according to contract
Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all work is carried out on time, to the correct standard and in accordance with pre-planned or reactive work instructions or project work.
- Ensure that customers are aware of electrical/engineering work in their areas.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Safe Systems of Work.
- Assess the competency of nominated Competent/skilled Persons, identify and initiate any training requirements and once suitably trained recommend their appointment to the Controlling / Contract Manager
- Monitor and assess the competence of Competent/skilled Persons and where required, recommend the termination of their appointment to the Controlling / Contract Manager.
- Ensure that all Competent/skilled Persons are fully familiar with the operation and maintenance requirements of the Account/Site systems for which they are responsible.
- Issue all Competent/skilled Persons, within their area of responsibility, the relevant Safety and Technical Directives, Alerts and Bulletins
- Ensure that all Safety and Technical Documents including Directives, Alerts and Bulletins etc., are fully understood and complied with.
- Identify any difficulties in applying these Safety Rules and make recommendations to the Authorising Engineer in respect of any proposed changes.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on matters relating to electrical systems and application of these Safety Rules to Electrical Systems.
- Maintenance of electrical systems, calibration of instrumentation, containment devices and building management control systems.
- Issue a formal report of any deficiencies, or omissions, to the Controlling / Contract Manager for action, copied to the Business Unit Health & Safety coordinator and Authorising Engineer.
- Inform the Authorising Engineer of issues relating to electrical systems that require publication throughout the company in the form of Safety and Technical Directives, Alerts, or Bulletins.
- Where the site is operated in accordance with the Clients own Site Safety Rules, formally identify to the Client any requirement for additional safe working procedures that are deemed to be necessary.
- Reconcile faults and or defects in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Review and revise drawings and / or schematics in accordance with current procedure.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Formal electrical apprenticeship OR minimum 5 years' experience in building services - electrical
- City & Guilds parts 1,2,3 Electrical/Electronic
- City & Guilds 2391 inspection / Testing
- AP LV Training
- AP 15 HV Training (external)
- 18 th Edition IEE Regs
If this role as a Lead Shift Engineer is of interest please apply or alternatively call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Josh.